Okanagan College Basketball Free Clinic.pdf
Some important information below:
- Please label your children's snow pants/gloves/jackets as our lost and found is already overflowing with winter items. See pictures attached. All clothing items will be donated on December 22nd to a local charity.
- Popcorn Fridays – Grade 6 fundraiser - $1.00/bag
- The PAC would also like families to know that they can donate their Nesters points to the school. Nesters will not ask if customers want to donate but it can be voluntarily done and is easy to do. Contact the PAC if you require more information @ email@example.com.
- Friday, December 15th is a family dance hosted by the Grade 6 parents and students. $2.00 per child (parents free). Pizza, candy bags etc will be available for purchase. See WAAG for more info.
- Thursday, December 21st we are excited to announce that we are presenting a holiday performance, "Surfin Santa" at 12:30 p.m. and at 6:00 p.m. All classes will perform a song. Due to the size of our gym and fire regulations, we hope that many families will come to our afternoon performance or the dress rehearsal on December 20th @ 12:30 (no tickets needed).
- We will be issuing only two tickets per family for the evening performance. Tickets are mandatory at the door.
- Thank you for your understanding! Contact the office to reserve your tickets by email Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-870-5114.
- Pizza Cards, for all those that helped fundraise for the Grade 6's, will be delivered and handed out December 8th afterschool. Please see Ang Ingram by popcorn.
- Breakfast Room volunteers needed urgently! We currently run our breakfast program from 8:00 to 8:25 every morning. Some of the items offered are bagels, yogurt, cheese strings, and fruit. At this time, we need about 5 volunteers to help out for half an hour one morning a week. If you can help, contact the office! Thank you for caring!
- Hope for the Nations and the Food for Thought program is launching a Freeze Hunger Campaign for the month of December to raise funds for each individual school's breakfast program. Thinking about donating to a worthwhile cause. How about locally and for your child's school.
- Hampers have been delivered to each classroom and are ready to fill. Each class has a family to sponsor and all your donations will gladly be accepted. More information should be coming home shortly from your child's teacher.
- Candy Cane Guessing jar is on the front counter of the office and ready for your guesses!!! Each guess is .25 cents and proceeds go towards the Gr. 6 Gardom Lake field trip. Guess right and you get the whole jar!!!
- Big White After School Program - We have had an incredible sunny week above the valley clouds, enjoying all that nature has to offer. We truly believe that outdoor play time is the key to a healthy mind and healthy body and we can't wait to have Kelowna's children and youth up on the mountain! There is only 1 week left to register for the Big White After School Program at the incredible price of $144! Starting December 16th, the program fee increases to $184. Let's get the kids outside and active this winter! All the program information, schedule and online registration lives at: http://www.bigwhite.com/ski-school-rentals/camps-special-programs/after-school-programs
- OC Coyotes Basketball FREE clinic – December 10th. Register @ http://clinic.okanagancollegebasketball.com . See attached flyer.
- FAZL socks - Social Justice Club is excited to start a special project for this season of giving. 100% of the money raised will go back into this company that is helping provide orphaned and destitute children in India with food, shelter, education, and clothing. As well, as provide fair wages to the women who knit their lovely socks. Order on-line at https://centralokanagan.schoolcashonline.com/Home/SignIn or next week you can purchase between 8:00 to 8:30 and 2:30 and 3:00. Sizes limited. See attached form.